TrailScapes provide a complete range of trail design, planning, construction, auditing / assessment services and training programs through our experienced team of professional trail builders and consultants.
TrailScapes is synonymous with excellence in trail design and construction and to date, we have constructed over 170 kilometres of new trail, repaired and audited thousands of kilometers of trails for major government departments, local councils and sporting organisations throughout Australia and Asia. We pride ourselves on our perfect record of delivering projects within time-frame and on budget.
We design and build all types of trails, including International Standard Mountain Bike Parks, Competition and Recreational Mountain Bike trails, Recreational Walking and Horse-riding trails, BMX, Dirt-jump and Pump tracks, and Shared-Used trails that benefit all kinds of users. In addition, we offer comprehensive trail auditing services including feasibility reports, signage consulting and risk management audits.
Our innovative trail designs focus on integrating and enhancing the existing environment in a sustainable and durable manner, with minimal effect on the local flora and fauna.
Trail Design and Construction
- Trail design and construction specialists
- 20 years in the industry
- High quality product
- Minimal environmental impact
- Specialised trail construction machinery and equipment
- Staff trained in ecological assessments and permits
- Our trails enhance the surrounding environment to produce a visually appealing and immersive experience for the trail user
Our reputation is important to us and we will only build high quality trail and employ highly skilled people or those who are willing to learn and share our values. We have assembled a strong design team with a range of complementary skills and unrivaled industry experience. Our design methodology is based on IMBA sustainable trail design principles, ensuring low maintenance, high quality trails.
- Trail safety
- Standards compliance
- Comprehensive and objective
- Project Feasibility Reports
- GPS mapping
- Risk Management audits
- Signage consultation
- General trail audits
- Assess problematic areas
- Trail user surveys
- Concise reports to assist decision making, and corrective actions to prevent public liabilities
Feasibility and Planning
- Full range of feasibility, concept to detailed design services
- Partnerships with specialist sub-consultants landscape architects, RPEQ & chartered engineers
- Consultative approach
- Seek and respond to client and stakeholder concerns in the initial project planning stages
- Detailed design reports, detail basis for design and decisions made throughout all stages
- Recommendations set clear direction for the construction stage
Maintenance and Training
- Provider of trail maintenance and building courses to volunteer groups, clubs, government departments and anyone who wants to learn how to build and maintain trails.
- Friendly, approachable instructor with a wealth of experience and knowledge
- Classroom or field based teaching techniques